Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet, 8″ HD Display, 32 GB, Free Kid-Proof Case
- Not a toy, a full-featured Fire HD 8 tablet with a vibrant 8″ HD display, 32 GB internal storage, up to 10 hours of battery life, a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, and 1.5 GB of RAM. Add a microSD card for up to 400 GB of expandable storage.
- The included 1 year of Free Time Unlimited gives your kids access to over 20,000 popular apps and games, videos, books, Audible books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more. Your subscription will then automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99 per month plus. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- Introducing Spanish language content in Free Time Unlimited – kids can now enjoy over 1,000 books, movies, and apps in Spanish that include titles and characters like Sesamo, Dora, Diego, Frozen, and more.
- Kids can listen to thousands of hours of fun, educational and inspirational Audible books like Beauty and the Beast, The Snow Queen, Peter Pan, Rip Van Winkle, and more professionally narrated by their favorite characters, authors and celebrities.
- Add even more content to your child’s profile in FreeTime to give them selected access to apps in your personal library, such as Netflix and Minecraft.
- Easy-to-use parental controls allow parents to personalize screen time limits, set educational goals, filter age-appropriate content, and also manage web browsing and content usage. Parental controls can be set on device or online through Amazon Parent Dashboard. Additionally, access all tablet features in the adult profile by entering your passcode.
Content kids crave
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited is an all-in-one subscription that brings together all the types of content that kids ages 3-12 want, with over 20,000 books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, games, and Audible audiobooks. Fire Kids Edition includes a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited at no additional cost.
Built for even the toughest kids
Each Fire Kids Edition tablet comes with a Kid-Proof Case and a 2-year worry-free guarantee, giving parents peace of mind and kids freedom to play.
Available on the go
Download your child’s favorite videos, apps, and books for access even when you don’t have Wi-Fi. When an Internet connection is unavailable, your child will automatically see available content that has been downloaded to their FreeTime profile.
Easy-to-use parental controls
Manage and customize your kids’ experience with up to four individual child profiles. Set bedtime curfews and employ tighter controls on screen time and content. With Learn First, you can block access to videos and games until educational targets such as reading goals are met. Parents can exit Amazon FreeTime using a passcode to get full access to all tablet features including settings, apps, and Alexa in the adult profile. While in Amazon FreeTime, kids do not have access to social media, the internet or Alexa, and they can’t make in-app purchases without parental approval.
The web browsing experience keeps out the inappropriate content while still offering tens of thousands of websites and web videos. Parents can also easily add more websites.
A case designed to protect against big drops
The Kid-Proof Case is designed to be the perfect solution for parents who need worry-free protection against drops, bumps, and the typical mayhem caused by kids at play. Designed to be durable and lightweight, the Kid-Proof Case fits perfectly in their hands without adding unnecessary weight to the Fire tablet.
Best selection of hits kids love
Fire HD 8 Kids Edition includes a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited at no additional cost. Amazon FreeTime Unlimited offers over 20,000 books, movies, TV shows, and educational apps and games featuring kids’ favorite characters from PBS, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more. Titles are age-appropriate for kids from 3-12.
Customize what they can see
Age Filters ensure that your child sees only age-appropriate content.
Want to add more content? No problem. In a few clicks, parents can add content to their child’s profile to give them access to more content, such as apps and games like Netflix, YouTube or Minecraft in FreeTime mode.